Shipping calculated at checkout
• CARMEL POULTRY & DUCK WAX - This wax is used in the plucking process of wet-footed birds and game carcasses. Carmel also has unique wax formulations for duck and geese varieties.
• METHOD - Poultry and Duck Wax can be used for plucking by hand or with automatic dry and wet plucking processes.
• EASY TO USE - The poultry wax forms a flexible, uniform, and an adhesive layer on the skin of de-feathered birds. The wax layer is then pulled off automatically or by hand to remove the remaining pin feathers.
• WAX BEADS - Poultry and Duck Wax is packaged in beads rather than a slab for easy filling of melting containers.
• PACKAGING - Available in 10 lbs or 25 lbs boxes.
Carmel Poultry & Duck Wax is specially formulated wax used to remove down and pin feathers from ducks, geese, and fowl. The poultry wax is applied to the skin of de-feathered birds, and then the wax layer is pulled off automatically or by hand to remove the remaining pin feathers.
Packaging: 10 lbs and 25 lbs boxes
1) Remove most of the feathers from the bird using a plucker or by hand.
2) Prepare a solution using a ratio of 25% wax to 75% water.
3) Bring the temperature of the solution to between 150°F and 185°F. For older birds, use a higher temperature in that range.
4) Allow the wax to melt and rise to the water's surface.
5) Dip the bird carcass into the solution for 10–30 seconds, moving it back and forth in the wax layer.
6) Remove wax from bird carcass.