Candle Making Paraffin Wax
Great for making candles: clean and reliable burning qualities, low oil content of less than 1.0% guarantees stable combustion. Also used for metal preservation, waterproofing and as an additive in crayons, polishes, coatings, etc.
Candle Making Wax Kits
Our wax kit includes: pre-tabbed wicks (wick + metal base), fastening stickers and centering devices.
• 1 lb wax with 10 pre-tabbed wicks & 2 centering devices
• 5 lbs wax with 50 pre-tabbed wicks & 2 centering devices
• 10 lbs wax with 100 pre-tabbed wicks & 10 centering devices
All the essential materials to get you started crafting candles. Kits include pre-waxed cotton wicks to ensure a smooth even burn. Wick is pre waxed for an efficient set and burn. Wicks are also pre-tabbed, containing a metal base to help them stand. Fasten wick to the base of the jar using the sticker. Fastening stickers are for attaching the base of the pre-tabbed wicks (wick + metal base) to the bottom of the jar. As the wax is cooling, use the centering device to position and use the centering device to position your wick.your wick. The durable, aluminum centering devices will keep the wicks perfectly centered while the wax is cooling. Cut the long 8 inch (20.32 cm) wick to size.
1) Place the wax into a melting pot, and simmer over medium-high heat, occasionally stirring as it is melting. Melt the wax down and mix at 120°F (50°C). To get started - if you want to add dyes or scents, raise the temperature to 180°F (82°C) or 185°F (85°C) if the dyes do not fully melt.
2) Prepare your jars and wicks. Fasten the base of the pre-tabbed wick to the bottom of the jar with the sticker.
3) Pour the melted wax into the jar, leaving one inch of room at the top. Set the jars aside and allow them to cool down.
4) Use the centering device to position your wick.
5) Let the candle cool and cut away the extra wick.