- TUDO NATURAL wax made mainly from palm oil and other natural materials, great for making candles. Will burn clean and smooth. Unlike paraffin wax, ice wax is not a byproduct of petroleum.
- FOR MAKING SMOOTH CANDLES: Ice Palm wax has a pouring temperature 200 F to 220 F. Adjusting the cooling temperature or pouring temp will influence the type of crystalline finish that will form, allowing you to experiment, and ensuring that each candle is uniquely amazing. Raising the temperature will create smoother candles by deforming the crystalline patterns.
- AMAZING SCENT THROW: Ice Wax retains scent well, and has an amazing scent throw. It is recommended that you use between a 5-6% scent load in order to create candles that retain all the essence of the added fragrances without any of the “sweating” that comes from other types of candles.
- BRILLIANT CRYSTALLINE COLORS: One of the most amazing traits of Ice Wax is how gorgeous it becomes with the addition of dye. Combined with the natural crystal formation, with a little experimentation it’s even possible to create candles that can change shades as it is rotated! It is recommended that you start off with a light dye, and add color gradually, as just a little bit of dye goes a long way.
- CREATE AMAZING PILLAR CANDLES: This ice palm wax is especially good at making pillar candles due to how easy it is to remove from candle molds. This works especially well with aluminum molds, as palm wax benefits from a slower cooling process, allowing the crystals and scents to set
Available in 5 lbs, 10lbs, 25 lbs and 50 lbs cases
BUY THE CANDLE MAKING KIT - Wax can be purchased with pre-waxed candle wicks and centering devices: 5 lbs wax with 75 wicks & 3 centering devices; 10 lbs wax with 150 wicks & 3 centering devices.
Pre-waxed candle wicks and centering devices available, to make sure your candle-making process is seamless. Long wicks to be cut to the size you require. Use the centering device to position your wick, as the wax is cooling if you are melting the beads. Pre-waxed for an efficient set and burn.
Directions for making candles
OPTION 1 - IF WAX IS IN BEADS, YOU CAN POUR BEADS DIRECTLY INTO THE CANDLE JAR, WITHOUT MELTING WAX INTO A LIQUID:
1 Prepare your jars and wicks - stick the wick to stay in the middle of the jar as you pour in the wax.
- Pour the wax beads into the jar, leaving one inch of room at the top.
- Cut away the extra wick.
OPTION 2 - WHEN WAX COMES IN SLABS, BEADS OR FLAKES, MELT WAX INTO A LIQUID AND FILL CANDLE JARS OR MOLDS
- Place the wax into a melt pot, simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally as it is melting.
- Prepare your jars and wicks - stick the wick to stay in the middle of the jar as you pour in the wax.
- Pour the melted wax into the jar, leaving one inch of room at the top. Set the jars aside and allow them to cool down.
- Cut away the extra wick.