In this article you will Learn about liquid chalk marker surface guide, How to use liquid chalk marker and best liquid chalk marker you can buy in 2023. Read till the end so you don't miss anything.
Liquid Chalk Can be used on surfaces like
- vivid markings that wipe away with a damp cloth.
- vinyl chalkboards.
- non-porous menu boards.
- metal boards.
- corrugated plastic.
- Other non-porous surfaces.
- Also used for permanent markings on poster board. Water based paint marker/liquid chalk: No VOC’s, solvent free, non-flammable, odorless.
How to use Chalk Markers
Liquid Chalk markers are becoming increasingly popular nowadays. It's being used for projects at home, restaurant, parties, events, and so much more! Despite its popularity, there are many people who were unsure how to use chalk markers.
Here are the three simple steps you can follow to start using liquid chalk markers properly.
Step 1. Prime the nib for use.
Pump the nib on scrap paper for liquid chalk contained in the barrel to seep through to the end of the nib. Do this at right angles to the ground and away from the writing surface to avoid dribbles and smudging. Continue working on paper until the pen writes satisfactorily. Re-saturate the nib by repeatedly depressing the nib as it requires more liquid.
Step 2. Activate: It’s easy. Just shake, pump and draw.
- Hold the marker diagonally, with the cap on, and start shaking.
- On a flat surface, press the tip in and release. Repeat until the tip fills up with ink. It usually takes around 20-40 pumps.
Step 3. Start drawing.
Use on non-porous surfaces like:
- vinyl blackboards (fake blackboards)
- glass, metal
- sealed ceramic tiles
- laminated surfaces
- galvanised metal
- any sealed non-porous surface
Tip: Do not apply too much pressure to the tip when pumping the markers. It can cause the tips to deform.
Tip: After the work is complete, do not touch writing for five minutes at room temperature. Always allow adequate drying time if placing boards out in wet weather. Chalk will be rainproof after one hour.
To remove chalk, simply wipe over with a damp cloth or spray with household cleaner and wipe with a cloth.
- Keep nibs and tops of pens clean. Wipe with a clean tissue after use.
- Pen nibs can become ragged when used on rough surfaces. The felt nibs can be removed and reversed. If the nibs become clogged they can be removed and washed in clean water, dried and replaced.
- Use a little household cleaner if ghosting occurs on some surfaces-like glass cleaner.
- Store pens on their side or upright with the cap to the top.
- Always ensure the cap in on tight.
Liquide Chalk markers Storage Guidance
- Pens should best be stored upright with the cap at the top.
- Ensure that the cap is on tight.
Liquide Chalk Markers after usage guidelines
- Always clean the writing surface before using.
- Always use a clean and damp cloth when erasing or a dry cloth with glass cleaner.
- The paint takes a few minutes to dry.
- Chalk markers only work with non-porous surfaces such as glass, metal, vinyl chalkboards, or any other non-porous sealed surface.
- Take note that Wow Markers are not compatible with real slate chalk boards. It can only be used with fake chalk boards (vinyl chalkboards) or other non-porous surfaces like metal, glass, corrugated plastic sheets, etc.
- Always do a spot test before using the markers on the entire surface. This will allow you to see if the surface you are planning to use the pens on is compatible with it.
Best Liquid Chalk Markers
1. Liquid Chalk Marker
2. Glass Paint Marker
3. Pump Ballpoint Paint Marker
4. Damp Erase Paint Marker
How to make Permanent marking with liquid Chalk markers:
- Paper/Card: No action needed – liquid pigment will be absorbed into the fibres, making it permanent.
- Terracotta: Bake in the oven at 220°C for 45 minutes, then spray with clear varnish.
- Textiles: Iron on the reverse side.
- Porcelain: Bake in oven at 160°C for 45 minutes, optionally spray with clear varnish.
- Metal: Spray with clear varnish.
- Glass: Bake in oven at 160°C for 45 minutes, then spray with clear varnish.
- Wood: Spray with clear varnish.
- Plastic: Spray with clear varnish.
Types of markers available
1. Pens to Write on Glass: Glass Pens that Write on any Slick Surface
Are you looking for pens that write on glass? Our selection of glass writing pens are specifically designed to write on any slick surface including glass, plastic, ceramics, mirrors, wood and more. Chalk Markers write like a marker but leave bold, bright chalk-like color. The eye-catching colors are perfect for vinyl chalk boards, menu boards and sidewalk boards. Paint Markers allow you to write on any surface including glass. Paint Markers can be temporary to permanent depending on the formula you purchase them in-check our catalogue or web site for full selection. Our huge selection provides an option for any application. Paint Pens are the ultimate writing instrument. You can mark on virtually any surface, under any condition, and any temperature. Even wet and greasy surfaces are no match for Industrial quality liquid Paint Markers. You are sure to find the perfect pen to write on glass in our selection.
2. Pen Markers that Write Like Chalk: Draw on vinyl blackboards, glass and light boards effortlessly
Draw on vinyl blackboards, glass and light boards effortlessly. Chalk Ink Markers use a unique liquid ink that writes like a marker but dries looking like chalk. Chalk Markers and pens will not rub off on clothing or hands once it is dry. When you are ready to erase, wipe the surface area with a wet rag or window cleaner and you are ready to begin again. Catch everyone's eyes with Bistro and Chalk Ink Markers which provide bright, bold colors perfect for menu boards, vinyl chalk boards and windows. You are sure to find the perfect chalk pen in our extensive selection.
3. Chalk Ink Markers: Write on glass, mirrors, and chalkboards!
Chalk Ink Markers write like markers but look like chalk. Attract attention with the bright bold colors with no dust or smudging. The thick ink writes on most all surfaces including, glass, plexiglass, chalkboards and more. Consider the Chalk Ink line of markers as your primary glass pen set.
4. Bistro Chalk Markers: Make a statement and send a message with the Bistro Chalk Marker!
These great markers are opaque, water-based, pigmented chalk ink that write smoothly and dry like chalk! The Bistro Chalk Markers are perfect for chalk drawings, advertising/special boards, window decorations and displays, and so much more! This product is perfect for writing on vinyl chalk boards, light boards, windows, and windshields and is erasable with just a damp cloth!
Bistro Markers write like a paint pen but dries to look just like chalk. Quick drying and smear-proof once dry; you can easily layer with other colored chalk markers to create whatever designs you can imagine. Safe for use on a variety of non-porous surfaces, including vinyl chalkboards, glass, mirrors, windows, metal, and plastic. To clean, simply wipe away with a cloth and a little bit of water.