In this article you will Learn about liquid chalk marker surface guide, How to use liquid chalk marker and best liquid chalk marker you can buy in 2023. Read till the end so you don't miss anything.
Liquid Chalk Can be used on surfaces like
- vivid markings that wipe away with a damp cloth.
- vinyl chalkboards.
- non-porous menu boards.
- metal boards.
- corrugated plastic.
- Other non-porous surfaces.
- Also used for permanent markings on poster board. Water based paint marker/liquid chalk: No VOC’s, solvent free, non-flammable, odorless.
How to use Chalk Markers
Liquid Chalk Markers are becoming increasingly popular nowadays. It's being used for projects at home, restaurant, parties, events, and so much more! Despite its popularity, there are many people who were unsure how to use chalk markers.
Here are the three simple steps you can follow to start using liquid chalk markers properly.
Step 1. Prime the nib for use.
Pump the nib on scrap paper for liquid chalk contained in the barrel to seep through to the end of the nib. Do this at right angles to the ground and away from the writing surface to avoid dribbles and smudging. Continue working on paper until the pen writes satisfactorily. Re-saturate the nib by repeatedly depressing the nib as it requires more liquid.
Step 2. Activate: It’s easy. Just shake, pump and draw.
- Hold the marker diagonally, with the cap on, and start shaking.
- On a flat surface, press the tip in and release. Repeat until the tip fills up with ink. It usually takes around 20-40 pumps.
Step 3. Start drawing.
Use on non-porous surfaces like:
- vinyl blackboards (fake blackboards)
- glass, metal
- sealed ceramic tiles
- laminated surfaces
- galvanized metal
- any sealed non-porous surface
Tip: Do not apply too much pressure to the tip when pumping the markers. It can cause the tips to deform.
Tip: After the work is complete, do not touch writing for five minutes at room temperature. Always allow adequate drying time if placing boards out in wet weather. Chalk will be rainproof after one hour.
To remove chalk, simply wipe over with a damp cloth or spray with household cleaner and wipe with a cloth.
- Keep nibs and tops of pens clean. Wipe with a clean tissue after use.
- Pen nibs can become ragged when used on rough surfaces. The felt nibs can be removed and reversed. If the nibs become clogged they can be removed and washed in clean water, dried and replaced.
- Use a little household cleaner if ghosting occurs on some surfaces-like glass cleaner.
- Store pens on their side or upright with the cap to the top.
- Always ensure the cap in on tight.
Liquide Chalk markers Storage Guidance
- Pens should best be stored upright with the cap at the top.
- Ensure that the cap is on tight.
Liquide Chalk Markers after usage guidelines
- Always clean the writing surface before using.
- Always use a clean and damp cloth when erasing or a dry cloth with glass cleaner.
- The paint takes a few minutes to dry.
- Chalk markers only work with non-porous surfaces such as glass, metal, vinyl chalkboards, or any other non-porous sealed surface.
- Take note that Wow Markers are not compatible with real slate chalk boards. It can only be used with fake chalk boards (vinyl chalkboards) or other non-porous surfaces like metal, glass, corrugated plastic sheets, etc.
- Always do a spot test before using the markers on the entire surface. This will allow you to see if the surface you are planning to use the pens on is compatible with it.