• CANDELILLA WAX - Candelilla Wax is derived from the leaves of the candelilla shrub, a plant native to northeastern Mexico. The wax is yellowish-brown, hard and brittle.
• CANDELILLA WAX: GRADES - Candelilla Wax has several grades including Regular, Refined (NF) EcoCert certified. Conforms to NF (National Formulary) standards.
• CANDELILLA WAX: CRUDE & REFINED - Candelilla Wax is available in crude and refined. Perfect for lip balms and lotion bars (provides “slip”).
• MULTI-APPLICATION - Used in a variety of applications including furniture polish; precision casting wax; electronic and electrical products; liquid and paste polishes; waterproofing compounds and more. Surface can reach high levels of brilliance; this is for a variety of specialty applications. Moderate melting range, good gloss, durable film and a low coefficient of contraction make it a highly valued wax in a wide range of industries including cosmetics, pharmaceutical, confection and ink & coatings applications.
• CANDELILLA WAX ALTERNATIVE - A petroleum and natural wax blend. It has similar characteristics as pure candelilla wax, including a moderate melting point range, the consistency of a hard wax, and hydrophobic properties. It is compatible with many vegetable waxes and as well as some natural and synthetic resins.
Candelilla wax is derived from the leaves of the small Candelilla shrub, a plant native to the Chihuahua desert in northeastern Mexico. The wax is hard and brittle.
Candelilla wax is available in crude and refined forms. Prior to refining it this wax has an opaque appearance and is tan in color. Once refined, it is yellow.
Crude Candelilla comes in lumps and is tan in color.
Refined Candelilla wax is yellow and comes in several grades. Regular, Refined (NF), Refined (NF), ECOCERT.
Carmel Candelilla Wax Alternative is a petroleum and plant-based wax blend, this formulation has similar characteristics as pure candelilla wax including a moderate melting point range, the consistency of a hard wax, and hydrophobic properties. It comes in bead form.